Table of Contents
- How to Get Over My Substance Abuse Problem
- Why Are Drugs and Alcohol So Tough to Quit?
- What Are the Best Tips to Overcome an Addiction and the Cravings, Too?
- What Are Some Treatment Options for a Substance Abuse Problem?
- Is Treating an Addiction Possible?
- How Do I Know if I Need Addiction Treatment Help?
- What Addiction Treatment Options Do I Have?
- Get Substance Abuse Treatment Today
How to Get Over My Substance Abuse Problem
Addiction is a disease that can affect anyone. If you have a substance abuse problem, it is going to take a choice on your part to recover from these issues. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a very rewarding choice that can lead to a greater life for you and your loved ones.
If you do have an addiction to drugs or alcohol, just know that you aren’t alone. You can reach out to our Dessert Rose substance abuse rehab team to get the help you need. We understand the sensitive nature of addiction and are here to support and guide you through your sobriety and recovery.
Why Are Drugs and Alcohol So Tough to Quit?
There are some drugs that are highly addictive such as heroin, cocaine, pain medications and alcohol. Whenever someone abuses these drugs, it changes the way their brain functions and causes a burst of dopamine in the body, leading to an addictive lifestyle.
Are you fighting an addiction to drugs or alcohol? If so, recognizing this as a fact and reaching out for help is the first step to the rest of your life.
What Are the Best Tips to Overcome an Addiction and the Cravings, Too?
Are you ready to heal from a drug or alcohol addiction? If so, the first thing to note is that you don’t have to overcome the addiction all by yourself. There are many professionals and loved ones that can support you throughout your recovery – from the moment you reach out for help to your drug addiction detox program through the rest of the recovery process.
With this being said, there are various tips our Dessert Rose team would like to offer that can help you to overcome an addiction including:
- Admit that you have a problem (this recognition is key to getting the help you need)
- Talk to a doctor (we have professional medical staff here at Dessert Rose that can help with withdrawal symptoms and the recovery process)
- Contact a professional drug addiction detox and recovery treatment center (our Dessert Rose team is here for you)
- Go to therapy (this is just one of the many services we offer in our treatment facility)
- Identify the triggers of your addiction (be aware that there are likely multiple triggers)
- Follow your continuing care plan (this is a recovery plan that helps guide you through your sobriety and recovery goals)
- Attend support groups such as N.A. or A.A.
If you can follow these tips, they will greatly help you to get and stay sober. They will also help you to process your addictive lifestyle and create a positive, healthy recovering lifestyle, too.
What Are Some Treatment Options for a Substance Abuse Problem?
The first thing that our team wants you to know is that there are various treatments and techniques to help someone overcome a substance abuse problem. The purpose of having multiple treatments is to ensure that everyone gets the customized care they need.
Everyone is unique and has their own sets of experiences, so they need an individualized treatment plan which may include:
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Evidence-based therapy options such as CBT (cognitive-behavioral therapy), DBT (dialectical behavior therapy), and contingency management (incentive-based treatments)
- Yoga and meditation
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
Keep in mind that if you have a drug overdose, the best thing you can do is to call 9-1-1 immediately. Once you make it through the overdose, heading to a treatment center would be the best choice. If you haven’t overdosed, but you know that you are struggling with substance abuse, reach out to our Dessert Rose team for help today.
Is Treating an Addiction Possible?
While an addiction isn’t curable, there are various treatments that can help a person to overcome an addiction. With this being said, it is crucial that each person gets an individualized treatment plan based on their specific lifestyle, addiction, behaviors, history and other factors. That is the best way to help increase the chances of someone being successful in recovery.
How Do I Know if I Need Addiction Treatment Help?
Are you wondering whether you need addiction treatment help? If so, it is possible you already know that you have a problem with abusing alcohol or drugs. If that is the case, treatment is a good idea. Still aren’t sure whether you should get addiction treatment? Look at these criteria.
What Addiction Treatment Options Do I Have?
As noted above, everyone who needs to overcome an addiction should be able to receive individualized care and treatment. This means that not everyone is going to partake in the same exact treatment programs. For example, some people may only attend individual therapy while others may attend individual, group and family therapy. Some people may attend outpatient treatment while another person may attend an inpatient program, then intensive outpatient and finally an outpatient program.
To better understand what type of care and treatment you need, it would be a good idea to learn about the various addiction treatment options. Some of the most common options include the following:
- Medically-supervised detox and treatment (24/7 medical care for people who are likely to experience withdrawal symptoms)
- Medically-supervised inpatient care (24/7 support and medical care to help handle withdrawal symptoms, along with medical and psychiatric complications)
- Intensive outpatient treatment (provides approximately 9 to 20 hours of treatment each week (those with a lower risk will likely receive the fewest number of treatment hours while those who are at a high risk of overdosing or going back to using may need more care and supervision)
- Outpatient treatment (level of care that provides a few hours of addiction treatment per week – usually only recommended for those who have a mild addiction or who haven’t been addicted to drugs very long)
Do you want to know more about the various levels of treatment? If so, let our Dessert Rose team know about your questions today. We will do our very best to answer all of them for you.
Get Substance Abuse Treatment Today
There are millions of people who struggle with substance abuse. Sometimes, it is to drugs such as cocaine and other times it is alcohol. There are many other drugs that people might abuse, as well.
If you have an addiction to drugs or alcohol, our Dessert Rose team wants you to know there are treatment options available to you. We have outpatient, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, and inpatient treatment to help people overcome an addiction to drugs or alcohool. We also make sure that everyone who comes through our doors receives an individualized treatment program to ensure their addiction recovery needs are being met.
Not sure what type of treatment you need or how long you should be attending a treatment program? Don’t worry. Contact us today to discuss your treatment options and the beginning of your future right away.